Long Hill Education Foundation
What is the Long Hill Education Foundation (LHEF)?
The LHEF is a volunteer run 501(c)3, tax exempt, not for profit organization that runs independently of the Long Hill Board of Education and Parent Teacher Organization. We strive to support academic enrichment and enhance excellence in the Long Hill School District by providing grants to support creative and innovative venues to assist with learning. We look to provide grants that cannot be supported through traditional school district budgets. All Education Foundation grants are made possible through generous donations and sponsorships from local residents, businesses and corporations.
What is the Grant Program?
The Grant Program provides teachers and administrators the opportunity to apply for grants that will support creative and innovative programs, equipment and technology in the Long Hill Township School District. The total amount funded each year through the LHEF grant program depends on the budget that is available each year. The Grant Program looks to support a balanced portfolio of grants across disciplines, grade levels and schools.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Grant?
Applications can be submitted by a teacher, staff member, principal or administrator in the Long Hill Township School District.
What is Eligible For Grant Funding?
The goal of the Ed. Foundation exists to support academic enrichment and enhance excellence in the Long Hill School District by providing grants to support creative and innovative venues to assist with learning. We encourage that these programs meet a wide range of students.
A Grant must meet the following criteria for the application to be eligible for consideration:
- Aligns with the Goals and Objectives of the Long Hill Township School District
- Approved by the building Principal
- Reaches a sufficient number of students
- Benefits at least 20 students this grant cycle OR Has continued use beyond this grant cycle
The Grant must impact students in at least one of the following areas:
- Strengthen and enrich learning through development of innovative programs
- Support additional training and resources for educators in our district
- Provide tools to prepare students for future success
- Build community support and positive attention for the school district.
What is Excluded From Grant Funding?
The LHEF will generally not provide funding for:
- Grants that relieve existing responsibility for public funding of school programs or necessary curriculum items that are the responsibility of the Board of Education (e.g. textbooks)
- Grants for non- specific expenses. All grants must be itemized.
- Technology/equipment or programs that have been previously funded through the District budget.
- Basic equipment and furniture; including but not limited to printers, computers, bookshelves, desks, and tables. Grants that use basic items and equipment in an innovative way may be considered.
- Routine consumable supplies and annual subscriptions.